We have a wide range of postgraduate programmes starting in January 2017. Browse below and apply today.
Why study at Aberdeen?
- We rank in the top 1% of world universities (#137 QS World Rankings 2015)
- Our active, eminent researchers bring you the latest thinking along with solid theory and ability to apply it
- The vision of just a handful of innovators in 1495 led to us being consistent world leading researchers:
- We discovered insulin, and we developed the world’s first MRI scanner
- We influence the energy industry globally, and our ground-breaking research continues today
- Our postgraduate programme modules cut across disciplines, giving you an employment edge, incredible depth, ability to solve problems, collaborate and drive change
Find out more about each programme we offer in January:
|MBA and Business Programmes|
|LLM Law Programmes|
|In-Service Education Programmes|
Arts and Literature
Important Dates for January Start
- 19th October, 2016 - Postgraduate open day
- Monday 14th November, 2016 - deadline for international applications
We offer a range of funding for international students
Aberdeen Alumni receive an Alumni discount to study our postgraduate Masters programmes
Why study in January?
Why not start your new year with an opportunity to study! Here are some good reasons why:
- You want to gain advanced knowledge in the same subject area to offer consultancy and advance your career
- You want to enhance your degree with a business qualification
- You want to earn more. As a postgraduate you are more likely to earn more and move to managerial positions quicker (HESA 2014, The Sutton Trust 2010)
- You want to improve your employability. 96% of our graduates enter work or study within 6 months of graduating (HESA 2013-14). We are in the top 10 for graduate employment (The Telegraph 2015)
- You want to see Scotland. The summer break gives you the option to travel through our beautiful country or work
- You want to get around easily. We have a beautiful campus of stunning architecture in old Aberdeen, a new Sir Duncan Rice library, sports and fitness facilities on campus, varied eating and drinking on campus and easy links to the Highlands, Cairngorms, Scottish cities, and Islands
If you require a Tier 4 visa, you will need:
- CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) from the University: We recommend that you accept the offer and send documents to satisfy conditions no later than 16thDecember 2016. A CAS number will allow you to apply for your visa.
- ATAS clearance: For certain programmes, you will need to have ATAS clearance. If you are required to apply for ATAS clearance, this will be indicated in the offer of admission. The ATAS application can be found at www.gov.uk/guidance/academic-technology-approval-scheme. Applications can be submitted 6 months before the programme start date and can be submitted while the offer is conditional.
- TB test: Some applicants are required to take a TB (Tuberculosis) test before submitting the visa application. The test is valid for 6 months and the test certificate must be valid when you submit the visa application. More information about this can be found at www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa/overview.