The MSc in International Relations and Management combines the study of how current international political and economic issues impact on how governments, businesses and other organisations operate globally.
This course has January and September 2024 start dates. Apply Now.
Eligible self-funded international Masters students will receive the Aberdeen Global Scholarship. Visit our Funding Database to find out more.
- Learning Mode
- On Campus Learning
- Degree Qualification
- 12 months or 24 months
- Study Mode
- Full Time or Part Time
- Start Month
- September or January
- Location of Study
This Masters degree is delivered jointly by experts from the University of Aberdeen’s School of Social Science and Business School to provide a thorough grounding in the technical aspects of business management alongside a wider understanding of the international political, economic and cultural forces that shape relations between countries and international organisations.
You will develop a rigorous understanding of management theory, including business strategy, management, and leadership, while also engaging with topics such as terrorism, global security and globalization in order to understand how global events impact on business in areas such as the availability of labour and raw materials, supply chain reliability, government regulations and changing market opportunities.
This course is suitable for applicants from a wide variety of backgrounds, including students who have not previously studied international relations or management, but who have an interest in how organisations are affected by global events.
Available Programmes of Study
International Relations and ManagementQualification Duration Learning Mode Study Mode Start Month LocationMSc 12 months or 24 months On Campus Learning Full Time or Part Time September Aberdeen MoreMSc 12 months or 24 months On Campus Learning Full Time or Part Time January Aberdeen More
We will endeavour to make all course options available; however, these may be subject to timetabling and other constraints. Please see our InfoHub pages for further information.
Additional Fee Information
- Fees for individual programmes can be viewed in the Programmes section above.
- In exceptional circumstances there may be additional fees associated with specialist courses, for example field trips. Any additional fees for a course can be found in our Catalogue of Courses.
- For more information about tuition fees for this programme, including payment plans and our refund policy, please visit our InfoHub Tuition Fees page.
Eligible self-funded international Masters students will receive the Aberdeen Global Scholarship. Visit our Funding Database to find out more and see our full range of scholarships.
How You'll Study
Why Study International Relations and Management?
- Benefit from a truly interdisciplinary programme, delivered by experts from both the School of Social Science and Business School
- Gain a thorough understanding of the technical aspects of management studies, while exploring contemporary issues such as war, terrorism and geopolitics.
- This course is suitable for applicants from a wide variety of backgrounds, including students who have not previously studied international relations or management.
The information below is provided as a guide only and does not guarantee entry to the University of Aberdeen.
Applicants for admission will normally be expected to hold a relevant Honours degree with a 2:1 standard from a recognised university or body.
Applicants without this qualification may be admitted subject to having an alternative qualification, or an approved level of work experience appropriate to the field of study. Also taken into careful consideration is the trajectory of results, an applicant without an overall 2.1 but with 2.1 results in their final two years of study may be admitted.
Please enter your country to view country-specific entry requirements.
English Language Requirements
To study for a Postgraduate Taught degree at the University of Aberdeen it is essential that you can speak, understand, read, and write English fluently. The minimum requirements for this degree are as follows:
OVERALL - 6.5 with: Listening - 5.5; Reading - 5.5; Speaking - 5.5; Writing - 6.0
OVERALL - 90 with: Listening - 17; Reading - 18; Speaking - 20; Writing - 21
OVERALL - 62 with: Listening - 59; Reading - 59; Speaking - 59; Writing - 59
Cambridge English B2 First, C1 Advanced, C2 Proficiency:
OVERALL - 176 with: Listening - 162; Reading - 162; Speaking - 162; Writing - 169
You will be required to supply the following documentation with your application as proof you meet the entry requirements of this degree programme. If you have not yet completed your current programme of study, then you can still apply and you can provide your Degree Certificate at a later date.
- Degree Certificate
- a degree certificate showing your qualifications
- Degree Transcript
- a full transcript showing all the subjects you studied and the marks you have achieved in your degree(s) (original & official English translation)
- Personal Statement
- a detailed personal statement explaining your motivation for this particular programme
- Reference x 2
- two reference letters, one of which should be from your university discussing your academic ability. If you have been out of education for a long time you may wish to use your current or most recent employers, or other professional individuals
There are many opportunities at the University of Aberdeen to develop your knowledge, gain experience and build a competitive set of skills to enhance your employability. This is essential for your future career success. The Careers and Employability Service can help you to plan your career and support your choices throughout your time with us, from first to final year – and beyond.
- Programme Coordinator
- Dr Ritu Vij
Information About Staff Changes
You will be taught by a range of experts including professors, lecturers, teaching fellows and postgraduate tutors. Staff changes will occur from time to time; please see our InfoHub pages for further information.
Get in Touch
Student Recruitment & Admissions
University of Aberdeen