Obtain an accredited teaching qualification in 18 months with our PGDE Primary Education programme to shape young minds and instil a notion of life-long learning. Our flexible course includes 18 weeks (full-time) of practical experience in schools to acquire diverse insights into teaching and advance your confidence as a practitioner in education.
At a Glance
- Learning Mode
- Online Learning
- Degree Qualification
- 18 months
- Study Mode
- Part Time
- Start Month
Embark on the path to a fulfilling career in primary education with our online GTCS accredited programme that aims to transform our students into adaptable, inclusive teachers who can inspire participation and face the challenges of teaching to support all pupils in their learning.
Our comprehensive programme brings a multi-focus perspective to build upon varied experiences shared among peers and discuss current educational issues to strengthen your teaching skills. You will learn with highly-qualified academics and study a selection of innovative topics to challenge your thinking and enrich your specialist knowledge.
We have strong partnerships with a range of local authorities across Scotland, allowing you to obtain 18 weeks of invaluable practical training to enhance your professional practice in the classroom. Once you have completed the programme, you will meet the standards for full registration as a teacher, guaranteeing you a probationary classroom teaching period if you opt into the GTCS induction scheme.
What You'll Study
Please contact email@example.com for more information about this programme.
We will endeavour to make all course options available; however, these may be subject to change. Further information about potential changes can be viewed here.
Additional Fee Information
- In exceptional circumstances there may be additional fees associated with specialist courses. Any additional fees for a course can be found in our Catalogue of Courses.
- For more information about tuition fees for this programme, including our refund policy, please visit our InfoHub Tuition Fees page.
Eligible self-funded international Masters students will receive the Aberdeen Global Scholarship. Visit our Funding Database to find out more and see our full range of scholarships.
How You'll Study
Why Study Primary Education (Online)?
- Gain invaluable practical training to develop your confidence working with diverse schools and communities.
- Study a selection of innovative courses with support from a team of highly-qualified academics from wherever you live in Scotland.
- You are guaranteed a probationary year of classroom teaching after completing the programme.
- Acquire the essential skills required to support all learners as inclusive practitioners.
- The School of Education has a long history of teacher education and a reputation for adopting innovative pedagogies that enrich learning experiences and foster collaborative working.
In addition to the following entry requirements, a PVG (Protection of Vulnerable Group) check through Disclosure Scotland will be conducted by the University prior to final acceptance.
The information below is provided as a guide only and does not guarantee entry to the University of Aberdeen.
A degree from a higher education institution in the United Kingdom (including Open University), or a degree of an equivalent standard from an institution outside the United Kingdom.
In addition, formal qualifications are required in English and Mathematics, please see the information leaflet (linked on this page).
The University of Aberdeen Online Access Courses are suitable to meet the English and Mathematics requirements for this programme.
Please enter your country to view country-specific entry requirements.
English Language Requirements
To study for a Postgraduate Taught degree at the University of Aberdeen it is essential that you can speak, understand, read, and write English fluently. The minimum requirements for this degree are as follows:
OVERALL - 6.5 with: Listening - 5.5; Reading - 5.5; Speaking - 5.5; Writing - 6.0
OVERALL - 90 with: Listening - 17; Reading - 18; Speaking - 20; Writing - 21
OVERALL - 62 with: Listening - 59; Reading - 59; Speaking - 59; Writing - 59
Cambridge English B2 First, C1 Advanced, C2 Proficiency:
OVERALL - 176 with: Listening - 162; Reading - 162; Speaking - 162; Writing - 169
You will be required to supply the following documentation with your application as proof you meet the entry requirements of this degree programme. If you have not yet completed your current programme of study, then you can still apply and you can provide your Degree Certificate at a later date.
- Degree Transcript
- a full transcript showing all the subjects you studied and the marks you have achieved in your degree(s) (original & official English translation)
- Personal Statement
- a detailed personal statement explaining your motivation for this particular programme
There are many opportunities at the University of Aberdeen to develop your knowledge, gain experience and build a competitive set of skills to enhance your employability. This is essential for your future career success. The Careers and Employability Service can help you to plan your career and support your choices throughout your time with us, from first to final year – and beyond.
This degree holds accreditation from
Get in Touch
Student Recruitment & Admissions
University of Aberdeen