To become a fully registered student here at the University of Aberdeen, you need to complete the steps below at the start of your first year. E-registration as well as steps 3-5 need to be completed at the start of every academic year.
- 1. Start Your Registration Process
Complete these steps before arrival in Aberdeen.
- Activate your IT account, email and password.
- Note your password - you'll use it to access everything, including WiFi.
- Confirm your Personal, Financial and Academic details through eRegistration.
- Upload a photo of yourself for your ID card at least 2 weeks prior to arrival (18th August, 2018).
- You (or your sponsor) must pay at least 50% of your tuition fees.
- Sponosred students must send a copy of your sponsorship award letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2. Choose Your Courses Through MyCurriculum
Complete this step when you've completed Step 1.
- Select your courses using MyCurriculum.
- Once you confirm your course choices, you can create your timetable in MyTimetable.
- Download your personal timetable.
Please note: there is a delay of up to 3 hours between completing MyCurriculum and accessing MyTimetable.
- 3. Complete the Registration Process
Get yourself registered as a student.
- Once you arrive in Aberdeen, you can collect your ID card.
International students must bring:
- Your passport
- BRP card (if applicable)
- ATAS certificate (if applicable)
You need a visa check if...
- You're here on a T4 (Tier 4) Visa.
- You pay fees as an overseas student.
- 4. Orientation, Induction and Welcome Week
- During Welcome Week it is important to attend the different presentations and get involved with activities.
- Register for New Student Orientation Sessions.
- Attend your Academic Induction: Undergraduate or Postgraduate.
- Attend your Personal Tutoring meeting (UG only).