Nightline is a student run listening and information service run by students for students at the University of Aberdeen. This service is run overnight by AUSA volunteers between 8pm – 8am throughout the academic year. You can contact them over the phone, via email, or using the online IM (Instant Messaging) service. It is a confidential, non-judgemental and non-advisory service for all your problems and concerns. Whether you have a personal problem, stressful situation, or simply want to know where the nearest takeaway is, Nightline is here to help.
Call: 01224 272829
It also allows you to ‘Check In’ to University campuses automatically so we can gather data for the purposes of Test & Protect which helps us protect each other and reduce the spread of coronavirus.
Using the SafeZone app, along with following the current public health measures, will help us to stay safe when we are on campus.
It is important that we all download SafeZone so that when you are on campus you can be checked in. But don’t worry, you won’t have to do this every time you are on campus; the app can be set up to do it automatically so that you don’t have to even think about it. It will even check you out of campus too.
How to set up SafeZone
Automatic Check In - Recommended
After downloading the SafeZone app, register it using your University email address and mobile phone number
You now need to access your ‘Settings’ in your smartphone.
- Scroll down to the SafeZone App and select
- Click the Location arrow
- Select ‘Always’ rather than ‘while using the App’
- Then open the SafeZone App, click the ‘Settings’ option from the top left menu
- Select the ‘Allow Automatic Check In’ button to green
- This should then enable auto check in when in a zoned area on campus
Manual Check In
If you do not want to benefit from the automatic check in function you can manually check in when you arrive on campus.
After downloading the SafeZone app, register it using your University email address and mobile phone number.
- You need to manually check in each time you come on campus using the ‘Check In’ button on the App Home screen
- You are automatically checked out when you leave campus
We urge you to take every opportunity to register your presence when you can.