The University of Aberdeen does not tolerate any form of violence, harassment or bullying. If you have experienced any of these things, you can use this reporting tool to tell us about it. The tool can be used by staff, students, or visitors to the University.
If you are in immediate danger or have any injuries that require urgent attention, please call the emergency services on 999 immediately.
You can make two types of report with this tool. If you choose 'Report and Contact an Adviser', a trained adviser will contact you to discuss what has happened. They can highlight support services and talk you through the formal processes you may want to access. This may include reporting to the Police or discussing the University's disciplinary process. Unless there is a safeguarding concern, they will not take any action unless you ask them to.
You can also choose to report behaviour anonymously without providing your details. This will be used to inform our prevention work and to understand the types of behaviour that are impacting our community. Reporting anonymously will not start a process of investigation and you will still be able to access support.
The University's Confidential Reporting webpage provides information about the type of support we offer and includes links to external sources of additional support.
The following organisations and sources of support may be helpful:
- Abused Men in Scotland
- CST - Protecting Our Jewish Community
- Four Pillars - LGBT+ Support
- Grampian Women's Aid
- Grampian Regional Equality Council
- Galop - LGBT+ anti-abuse charity helpline
- National Bullying Helpline - information and advice about all forms of bullying
- LGBT Foundation - hate crime reporting and support
- Men's Aid
- Rape Crisis Scotland
- Religious Discrimination - Stop Hate UK
- Tell MAMA - reporting anti-Muslim hate or Islamophobia
- The Union of Jewish Students Helpline
- Scottish Women's Aid
- SupportLine - hate crime information and support
- Victim Support
- Women Against Rape
Information provided through this reporting tool will be processed and held in line with our privacy statement (PDF 128KB) .