Representatives from the University's Healthy Working Lives group recently attended an awards ceremony where they received the initiative's silver award.
The Healthy Working Lives (HWL) Awards is a Scottish Government initiative launched in 2006 to encourage employers to promote a safer and healthier workforce.
The University was praised for its health roadshow which was launched in Inverness; how the organisation manages its sickness absence and how it deals with stress.
The Healthy Working Lives committee has recently undergone some personnel changes, with Baukje DeRoos now chairing the group following the departure of Chris Banks.
In order to achieve silver status, the University had to present a portfolio to the assessment board of Healthy Working Lives, which featured activities in various categories such as mental health; physical activity; healthy eating; and health and the environment.
Secretary to the University, Caroline Inglis commented: “The University of Aberdeen is committed to looking after the health, safety and wellbeing of its employees and to have received the Healthy Working Lives silver award further highlights this commitment.
“Initiatives such as Healthy Working Lives are an excellent means of raising awareness of the importance of employee wellbeing and the team has done a fantastic job in promoting the project to the University community.”
For further information about Healthy Working Lives, please click here
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018