The Leadership Academy is a Careers Service co-curricular initiative that develops student leadership skills, understanding, awareness and ability. A key aspect of this is the breadth of leadership experts from high-profile external organisations that have committed to the provision of leadership workshops and activities.
The Leadership Academy is designed to inspire and support students in developing essential skills that are of relevance to future employers, to personal and professional development, and which will ensure a greater understanding of leadership, alongside gaining confidence to lead. It is open to all University of Aberdeen students regardless of any previous leadership experience.
The content was developed through consultation with students, organisations, and careers professionals; and interactive workshops will be run by inspirational leaders from organisations including Aberdeenshire Council, Elevator UK, Instant Neighbour, Anderson Anderson & Brown LLP, and IC Executive Coaching. These sessions will introduce and explore essential leadership qualities, with topics including:
- Communicating your visions
- Management of change and conflict
- Motivational skills
- Leadership styles
This is an excellent opportunity for students to engage with organisations, to learn about how leadership is developed within different sectors, and for the organisations to support student development of Aberdeen Graduate Attributes and workplace relevant skills. Relevantly, the initiative supports the plans outlined in the Strategic Plan 2015-2020 to promote the importance of co-curriculum activities and to continue to develop partnerships externally to stay up-to-date with current graduate recruitment requirements.
The Leadership Academy workshops will start in September 2016, and again in February 2017. The registration period for the autumn session will close on Wednesday September 21st. Further information can be found on the Leadership Academy website or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018