Staff and students at Aberdeen now have access to over 1 million TV and radio programmes from 2007 onwards.
At the end of last year, IT Services arranged access to the British Universities Film & Video Council’s powerful online TV and radio service, Box of Broadcasts (BoB) National.
This exciting new resource for teaching, learning and research allows University of Aberdeen staff and students to record and catch up on any broadcast program from over 60 TV and radio channels, on and off campus (UK mainland).
BoB’s intuitive interface allows you to access tremendous content and also create playlists and copyright cleared clips – ideal for presentations, uploading to MyAberdeen or sharing on social media.
You can search BoB’s vast and growing media archive that includes all BBC TV and radio content dating from 2007 (currently over 1 million programs).
Other features include:
- available on desktop and handheld devices, including Apple and Android devices
- searchable rolling transcripts and viewable thumbnails
- one-click citation reference tool
- extended 30 day recording buffer – providing more time to record missed programmes
- access to over 10 foreign language channels, including French, German and Italian
Want to find out more?
Go to http://bobnational.net for more information about BoB, including video tutorials and FAQ.
When you’re ready to get started:
- click Log in
- select University of Aberdeen from the list of organisations
- login using your normal University username and password
Further support is available from the Media Services team, tel 273000 or email@example.com.
We believe BoB is a valuable and innovative resource and will be a powerful addition to the VLE and lecture capture systems.