In our 2015-2020 Strategic plan, the University of Aberdeen outlined 'People' as being at the heart of our vision. The plan outlines our commitment to create a supportive environment for staff, empowering them to achieve their potential and career goals.
Mentoring is identified as one of the key development opportunities the University will make available for staff as part of this commitment. Mentoring functions as a supportive mechanism to aid staff in identifying and achieving their career goals. In addition, mentoring contributes to the University’s mission to create a culture of equality and diversity as it is a tool through which groups that are under-represented in more senior positions or in particular areas of the university can be supported to gain access to career opportunities.
We are currently recruiting Mentors and Mentees – should you like to participate as either please complete some details by clicking here.
In support of this we are hosting Mentoring Programme events for each College and Professional Services on the dates given below. These events will include endorsement from Mentoring Champions, previous mentors and mentees, an overview of the scheme and skills involved, and some speed mentoring in action. We would be pleased to welcome you, if you should like to attend one of the relevant sessions below please register your interest on course bookings here.
CLSM: 6 April, 11am - 2pm
COPS: 22 April, 11am – 2pm
CASS: 27 April, 11am – 2pm
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES: 13 May, 10am – 1pm
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018