Professors Fredrik Glasser and Donald MacPhee attended the 14th International Congress on the Chemistry of Cements (ICCC), in Beijing this month.
The ICCC is the most influential and prestigious of the organised scientific meetings on the role of chemistry in the manufacture and applications of cements and concretes and is held approximately every four years.
Professor Glasser presented a Keynote Lecture - ‘The Environmental Impact of Cement Production and Use’ - and was presented with a special award given for “Sustaining and Outstanding Contributions in Cement and Concrete Science.”
Professor MacPhee gave an invited lecture, ‘Photocatalytic Concretes – The Interface between Photocatalysis and Cement Chemistry’.
Professor MacPhee spent a further four days at Wuhan University of Technology (WUT), where he holds a Visiting Professorship, with his research collaborators on a joint EPSRC-NSFC funded programme on Multifunctional Cements and Concretes.
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018