Visitors to the University can now enjoy FREE unlimited Wi-Fi across the campus and at Aberdeen Sports Village. Perfect for this year’s Open Day on 1 September!
The Aberdeen-city-connect network, provided by Pinacl Solutions and in partnership with Aberdeen City Council, is intended for casual visitors to the University of Aberdeen. Whether sharing photos on social media, downloading Google Maps, or just browsing for local information, it is ideal for those attending open days, festivals, concerts, or other events on campus.
A portal page allows visitors to access the internet by simply signing in via their social media account (Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter). Form based access is also available.
Once they’ve registered, visitors will pick up Aberdeen-city-connect on campus and at many Council locations across Aberdeen including libraries and museums.
As a result of this partnership we are pleased to also announce that the eduroam service is now available in various Council locations, including 17 public libraries. Note that the previous public Wi-Fi service _The Cloud will shortly be removed from University locations.
Please note: We’re sorry, but University IT Services can’t provide support for the Aberdeen-city-connect.
Member of staff or student?
Staff and students should continue to use eduroam, resnet, or uoa-corporate, for the following reasons:
- eduroam is available campus-wide and at participating eduroam sites world-wide via the world-class JANET network
- eduroam and uoa-corporate provide additional access to University IT services such e-journals and printing
- resnet provides students with a room level service in University Halls of Residence
- University IT Services can provide support for connectivity problems to eduroam, resnet and uoa-corporate
Browse by Month
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018