Come along to one of our new workshops and find out how you can use a SMART board or podium to enhance the learning experience of your students.
Although SMART boards and podiums have been in some classrooms and lecture theatres on campus for a while, it may not be immediately obvious to the uninitiated just what you can do with them. Or perhaps you’ve had some experience of using these devices but you’d like to know more.
Attend one of our new workshops
During these part demo, part ‘hands-on’ sessions, you’ll find out how you can use a SMART board or podium to enhance your teaching and the learning experience of your students.
Topics covered include: SMART notebook and SMART ink; using the SMART pen to write onscreen and capture your text; annotating over applications; using a digital flip chart; inserting pictures, backgrounds and other objects; using ‘screen shade’ reveals; and more.
Whatever your experience, you’re welcome to come along. Please register online.
We have also published a series of introductory fact sheets to help you use SMART technology more effectively:
- About SMART Interactive Whiteboards and Podiums
- Introduction to using the SMART Podium
- Introduction to the SMART Interactive Whiteboard
- Introduction to SMART Notebook software
More about SMART Technology
SMART boards are interactive whiteboards connected to classroom PCs that you can use to introduce more collaboration and interactivity to your teaching.
They respond to your touch and to the SMART pens’ touch, giving you control of the PC via the whiteboard and allowing you to write over applications with digital ink.
SMART podiums are interactive displays connected to lecture theatre PCs in place of a regular monitor.
You can control the PC using a tethered pen, which also allows you to write over applications with digital ink.
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018