The Research Excellence Framework is the Funding Councils' assessment of research quality across the UK higher education sector. Its outcome determines the amount of recurrent research funding we receive annually from the Scottish Funding Council, currently around £20m per year.
For the next assessment, journal articles and most conference proceedings we present for assessment have to be publicly accessible within 3 months of acceptance. To make sure that our research outputs comply we are asking researchers:
From 1 April 2015
- Before you submit your article for consideration of publication: Check that the journal is REF compliant (see: www.sherpa.ac.uk/romeo)
- As soon as your paper is accepted: Forward the acceptance notification along with the final accepted manuscript to firstname.lastname@example.org
- On publication: Let email@example.com know
Open Access Information Sessions
We would like to invite researchers and support staff to an update on open access. The session will cover:
- background and general information about open access
- REF open access mandate – how to comply
- RCUK/Wellcome/CRUK and other funders’ mandates
The focus will be on practical issues arising from the policies and mandates, and will describe the processes that the University is putting in place to ensure compliance with the requirements of different agencies.
We will run four sessions as follows
- Friday, 27th March, 12.00-1.00pm Meeting Room 1, Floor 7, The Sir Duncan Rice Library, Old Aberdeen
- Monday 30th March, 12.00-1.00pm Meeting Room 1, Floor 7, The Sir Duncan Rice Library, Old Aberdeen
- Thursday 23rd April 12.30–1.30pm, Strathcona Lecture Theatre, Rowett Institute for Nutrition and Health
- Friday 24th April, 12.00–1.00pm IMS Meeting Room, Level 7, Forresterhill
To register, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Amy Walsh on telephone ext. 3079 with your College, administrative or other affiliation, stating which session you would like to attend. We will send confirmation of your booking by e-mail.