Aberdeen has a strong reputation in the commercialisation of scientific ideas going back many years with people such as Professor Bill Harris and Professor Norman Hardman in the vanguard of this movement.
Sadly, 2014 saw these two pioneers pass away. Their legacy however remains, with commercialisation of the University’s intellectual property portfolio a cornerstone of our entrepreneurial ecosystem; generating spin-outs, industrial funding and an opportunity for staff and students alike to showcase their business flair.
To celebrate Bill and Norman’s trail-blazing achievements, and to highlight the importance of the University of Aberdeen in their success, we are hosting a two day symposium on 19 – 20th February 2015, in the Institute of Medical Sciences. There will be a selection of international speakers describing their current research and how much of this ground-breaking science can trace its earliest origins to Aberdeen and the influence of Bill or Norman.
This will be a fantastic opportunity to hear a broad range of scientific presentations and learn how academic excellence can be translated into both commercial success and be of benefit to patients.
To register your interest please email Hazel Paterson (email@example.com)
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018