Find out more about Kaltura, the University's new service for uploading and hosting online video.
What is Kaltura?
Kaltura is an industry leading video management platform with a proven track record in the Higher Education sector.
Users can upload any video and the software will provide an optimal playback experience with automatic device detection including iPhones, iPads, Android and BlackBerry devices.
Kaltura replaces the University’s previous service – Adobe’s Flash Media Server.
Who can use Kaltura?
University of Aberdeen staff and students.
Kaltura is the ideal solution for staff who want to embed video directly within their MyAberdeen course pages.
How does it work?
Kaltura is fully integrated with the University’s MyAberdeen BlackBoard learning environment, allowing users to upload, publish, search and create clips from existing video content. Students can upload video assignments from within course pages.
Kaltura is also directly linked with Camtasia Relay. Lectures recorded using Relay will be visible to the presenter in their own private “My Media” folder within MyAberdeen and can be easily added to course areas.
Great. How do I get started?
From the 21 August all Camtasia Relay recordings will automatically publish to Kaltura. You’ll find a user guide with instruction on how to add video on the MyAberdeen website.
Browse by Month
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2018
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018