Potential careers in the energy industry for senior secondary school students were outlined as part of a one day conference organised by the Schools’ Liaison Team, in partnership with the careers charity, Inspiring Futures Foundation.
Every secondary school in Scotland was invited to attend the Careers in Energy Conference which featured industry speakers from sectors including oil & gas, renewables, business and management, and nuclear energy.
The one day event consisted of a mixture of presentations, Q&A sessions, focussed workshops and informal conversation.
Attendees heard from members of the University of Aberdeen’s Institute of Energy as well as industry experts from firms including BP, OPITO and Oil & Gas UK. There were also information stands from industry bodies as well as Aberdeen City Council and Inspiring Futures.
The Schools’ Liaison Team within Student Recruitment and Admissions are responsible for building and maintaining relationships with schools and colleges across the UK.
If you are working on a project that would benefit from participation from schools then the team would be more than happy to help you achieve this.
You may already engage with schools across the UK, if so, then the team would love to hear about the work you are doing.
The team can be contacted by getting in touch with Lesley MacLennan on firstname.lastname@example.org
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018