Visitors from Mozambique were on campus this week, as a follow-up to the visit made last July by His Excellency Armando Guebuza, President of the Republic of Mozambique.
The visitors spent the morning in discussion with senior staff working in the University’s priority research theme of Energy and the Aberdeen Institute of Energy, along with business development and student recruitment colleagues, met research leaders in the petroleum engineering and RED drilling labs, and saw the new CT scanner just installed in Fraser Noble with funding from OGAS (Oil and Gas Academy for Scotland).
The delegation was led by Professor Orlando Quilambo, Rector of Eduardo Mondlane University (EMU), the oldest and biggest university in Mozambique, and included Dr Carlos Lucas (Director for Cooperation), Dr Manuel Cabinda (Director of the Rector’s Office), Dr. Mario Albino (Director of Finance), Prof Dr Alberto Tsamba (Director of the Faculty of Engineering), Prof Dr Moshin Sidat (Director of the Faculty of Medicine), Prof Doutora Amalia Uamusse (Director of the Faculty of Science), and Mr Acacio Chacate (Mozambique High Commission, London).
Browse by Month
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018