The University is pleased to be able to offer an excellent mentoring opportunity for Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) colleagues. The STUC has received funding from the Big Lottery Fund for a project which aims to support UK-national BME colleagues in their careers.
The STUC’s ‘One Workplace Equal Rights’ Equality Mentoring and Work Shadowing project aims to support progression for BME colleagues in the college and university sectors in Scotland. This cross-institutional initiative will develop and deliver a mentoring programme for BME staff, with training and development support included. All mentors and mentees will receive training, which will be delivered in Dundee in March, and further networking opportunities will also be available.
If you would like to be mentored and be part of this project, or if you feel you have the experience to be a mentor and would like to support a colleague in their career, please contact Janine Chalmers, Equality and Diversity Adviser, by Monday 24 February, by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01224 273883.
Please also note that the University has its own Mentoring Scheme which is open to all staff. If you would like further information on this scheme please contact Susan Maclennan, Training and Development Adviser, by e-mail email@example.com or by telephone 01224 274461.
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018