Congratulations go to two of our academics who have been included on the Science Council's prestigious list of the UK's top 100 scientists.
Professor Anne Glover, who is Chief Scientific Advisor at the European Commission but still has a Chair in Molecular and Cell Biology at the University, is ranked among the top policymaker category of the list released by the Council to challenge the UK’s “narrow and old fashioned view of science”.
Anne - who was also ranked at number 19 in the 2013 Woman's Hour Power List and is a Fellow of the Society of Biology and the Royal Society of Edinburgh - was recognised by the Council for her “wide ranging expertise across many policy fields at the highest levels of government” and “has a strong interest in how science can contribute to the progress of the developing world.”
Emeritus Professor of Health Psychology Marie Johnston is included in the developer / translational scientist section.
Marie is a Fellow of the British Psychological Society; a Chartered Psychologist; Chartered Clinical Psychologist; Chartered Health Psychologist; a Fellow of the Royal Society of Edinburgh, Academy of Medical Sciences and Academician of the Academy of Learned Societies for the Social Sciences. She is recognised for research on disability (theory, measurement and intervention) and on behaviour change in health and healthcare contexts.
Marie said: “Health psychology offers a scientific basis for investigating how one’s behaviour affects health and disability. Changing behaviour can improve health, complementing biomedical advances.”
Read more here
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018