Each December local charity The New Hope Trust delivers thousands of shoe boxes containing much needed items such as toiletries and toys to desperately needy people in Eastern Europe.
University of Aberdeen staff have given tremendous support in previous years - contributing hundreds of Christmas shoe boxes - and the charity is hoping we will be just as generous this year.
To get involved please take an empty shoe box and wrap it in Christmas paper – wrapping the box and its lid separately. This is a Customs requirement.
Then fill the box with appropriate items and mark on the lid the age group and gender the gift is for – e.g. man, woman, teenage boy, teenage girl, boy, girl, family.
The kind of things you could put in your shoe box include small toys, sweets, puzzles, pencils, pens, crayons, colouring book, scarf, gloves, hat, toothpaste, talc, razors, flannels, brush, comb, soap etc.
Finally please attach a £2 coin to the outside of the shoebox as this helps to pay for transport costs.
Christmas shoe boxes are required by Friday 29 November.
Please drop your shoeboxes to:
Either Jill Burnett in the Events Office, Room 25 or Jennifer Phillips in the Communications Office, Room 153 – both are within the University Office.
Shoe boxes can also be delivered to Pirie & Hunter, 12 College Bounds, Old Aberdeen.
Browse by Month
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018