Electrical shutdowns are required for essential health and safety maintenance on high voltage equipment on the Old Aberdeen campus on Saturday 5 and 12 October.
Due to the short duration of power outage there will be NO generator supplies available during any of these shutdowns. Buildings that currently have an emergency backup generator system will of course have limited coverage for essential equipment.
The date for the first of these shutdowns is 05/10/13 from 8am-4 pm (8hrs duration).
The date for the second shutdown is 12/10/13 from 8am-4pm (8 hrs duration).
Can staff ensure all electrical equipment including PCs are shut down and unplugged at the end of play on 11 October prior to the shutdown in an attempt to reduce the amount of nuisance tripping and possible damage to equipment.
Affected buildings are as follows:
- University Office
- William Guild
- Edward Wright
- New King’s
- Old Brewery
- 24 High Street
- King’s College
- King’s Conference Centre
- Elphinstone Hall
- King’s Pavilion
- King’s Chapel
- Crombie Halls
- Johnstone Halls
- Johnstone Central Block
- New Library
- Powis Gate
- King’s Hall
- Bedford Road CHP
- 23 St Machar Drive
- Cruickshank Building
- St Mary’s
- Fraser Noble
- The Hub
- 50/52 College Bounds
Estates would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may cause building users and customers.
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018