Canada beckons for Dr Margaret Watson after she was awarded a prestigious Leverhulme International Academic Fellowship.
The Senior Research Fellow at the University’s Centre of Academic Primary Care will spend three months at the Ottawa Health Research Institute working with world leading experts in her field which is developing and evaluating interventions to change health professional and patient behaviour to acheive the safe and effective use of medicines.
Mags’ Fellowship centres on translating knowledge from research into actual practice.
Said Mags: “I’m delighted to have received this Fellowship which will provide a fantastic opportunity to work with people who are internationally renowned and provide opportunities to develop new knowledge, skills and ideas. Community pharmacists can make important contributions to patient safety, health and well-being. The translation of knowledge from research to actual practice is crucial for the delivery of safe and effective healthcare in the community pharmacy setting.”
The Leverhulme Trust was established in 1925 under the Will of the first Viscount Leverhulme. It is one of the largest all-subject providers of research funding in the UK, distributing funds of some £60 million every year. For further information about the schemes that the Leverhulme Trust funds visit www.leverhulme.ac.uk.
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018