Staff still have the chance to capture £100 of John Lewis vouchers in a photography competition launched by the University's Natural History Centre.
The Biodiversity Competition has been organised ahead of an ambitious revamp of the Centre taking place later this year. Marie Fish, Centre Manager, said: “Biodiversity refers to the variety and complexity of the natural world but what does it mean to you?
“Is it represented in your work, your leisure, a landscape or something else? Capture ‘your biodiversity’ in a photo to be displayed at an exciting forthcoming re-launch of our Natural History Centre and you might win a prize of £100 worth of John Lewis vouchers.
“So far, we’ve had a wide range of settings sent in, such as forest walks, coastal scenes. home and abroad and even back gardens.
“If you’re out and about, and you see something that represents biodiversity to you, take a photo and send it in.”
The competition is open to all staff, who should send the image plus details of where and when it was taken to: email@example.com.
The closing date for the competition is August 31.
Staff can submit a maximum of five entries and by taking part are agreeing that the image be used, with acknowledgement, for educational, publicity and exhibition purposes.
Marie added: “It’s not too late to get involved; we’re really looking forward to receiving your entries and somebody has to win those vouchers!”
Anyone having problems sending images should either ensure photos are sent individually or resize them to make them smaller.
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018