University of Aberdeen Careers Service, has won a top accolade at the National Council for Work Experience (NCWE) Awards 2013, marking them as some of the UK's best internship providers.
The NCWE Awards are in their tenth year of recognising and rewarding employers who provide high quality internships to students and graduates. Categories cover organisations large and small, and all sectors including charities and the public sector. Winners were announced on 19 March at Merchant Taylors’ Hall inLondon by Timpson chairman, John Timpson.
The University of Aberdeen won the Public Sector category for its three-month work placement. It was praised by the judges for putting employability at the core of its scheme as well as its adherence to the Quality Assurance Agency code of practice to ensure standards.
Mr Peter Fantom, Head of The University of Aberdeen Careers Service said: “Our internship provides a strong basis on which to build a truly collaborative and coordinated framework. We’re delighted to receive this award which is testament to our commitment to developing the future workforce.”
Mike Hill, chief executive of the Higher Education Careers Services Unit, which runs the NCWE says: “Entries are blind judged and, thanks to a rigorous process, standards are high so all of those who made the final cut have done exceptionally well. The final list helps students and graduates identify companies that are providing truly valuable experiences among an abundance of opportunities that have wide-ranging standards.”
This year’s sponsors include the Association of Graduate Recruiters, GlaxoSmithKline, Intel, PlaceNet and TUI UK & Ireland.
Browse by Month
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018