The University Finance System has been undergoing a major upgrade this year. The work is almost complete, and all being well the upgraded system will go live on Monday 28 October.
How will this affect you?
There will be a period of downtime while we cut over to the upgraded system.
You will be unable to access the system from 17:00 on Thursday 24 October until Monday 28 October.
We will contact you by email on Monday 28 October to let you know when the upgraded system is online.
What should you do?
On Thursday 24 October, please make sure you complete any urgent work in the Finance System before 17:00.
From 17:00, please do not attempt to access the system until you hear from us by email on Monday 28 October.
What changes can you expect to the system from Monday 28 October?
Automated system emails
- All Finance System emails and tasks will be sent from UOAFinanceSystem@abdn.ac.uk. This replaces the old firstname.lastname@example.org email.
- There will be a fresh new look and feel to the web interface.
- Your browser favourites link will be updated to Finance System Self Service.
- The link on the Finance System staffnet page will point to the upgraded system.
- We’ve updated our user guides to reflect all changes. These will be available from Monday 28 October.
What are the main benefits of the upgraded system?
- Latest supported version of Finance software – access to the most up to date functionality and fixes
- Increased compliance for GDPR
- Implementation of Commitment Accounting – improved funds check and reporting
- Improved business processes – streamlining system functionality
We’ll send an email next week to confirm the upgrade dates.
Meantime, if you have any questions please contact email@example.com.
Author: The Finance Upgrade Project Team