The University is celebrating further Athena SWAN success with four new Bronze departmental awards. The Schools of Social Science, Education and Biological Sciences and the Institute of Education for Medical and Dental Sciences have each received the accolade.
The Athena SWAN charter aims to address the lower proportion of women than men found in academic, professional, and support roles, and recognise departments and institutions taking action to identify and overcome barriers to career progression for both sexes.
Commenting on the success, Margaret Ross, Vice-Principal for People said: “I would like to congratulate all of our colleagues who contributed towards these four new Athena SWAN awards. Advancing gender equality is an area for which we’re all responsible, and it’s wonderful to see colleagues taking ownership of this in their academic areas and for those efforts to be recognised with the bronze award.”
Earlier this year, we also celebrated the renewal of the University’s bronze award, as well as departmental bronze awards in the Business School, the School of Divinity History and Philosophy, the Institute of Applied Health Sciences, the Law School and the Rowett Institute.
To find out more about the Athena SWAN charter visit www.abdn.ac.uk/athenaswan
Browse by Month
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2018
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018