This summer we replaced TechSmith Relay with Panopto, the market leader in digital capture software.
Panopto offers exciting new ways of delivering content to enhance the student experience. It has a number of unique advantages over TechSmith Relay and provides a greater level of functionality for users including:
- Multiple source video recording allowing viewers to watch the PowerPoint presentation, the lecturer, or both simultaneously
- Multi-offsite recording enabling guest lecturers to capture content off campus or at their desk
- A wider range of video editing tools provided by its software
- The flexibility required for creating short, standalone videos to enhance student learning
- Advanced video searching so viewers can search for written and spoken words within recordings
How does this affect me?
If you have used TechSmith Relay before, you don’t have to do anything. The Panopto interface is intuitive and simple to use.
We will remove TechSmith Relay from users PCs on Monday 14 August and replace it with Panopto. Please note, the desktop icon has changed:
Old icon New icon
Your existing TechSmith Relay recordings will still be available and embedded videos in MyAberdeen will be accessible.
If you have references to ‘TechSmith Relay’ in departmental user documentation or on web pages, please make sure you update these to ‘Panopto’.
I haven’t used digital capture software before. Where can I find out more?
Panopto software is free and is available to all members of staff via the Software Center.
Visit our web pages at www.abdn.ac.uk/it/services/media/digital-capture to find out more about Panopto and for links to our quick start guide and list of Panopto enabled classrooms.
For help using Panopto, please contact the IT Service Desk in the first instance – email@example.com.
Author: IT Services