A massive thank you to everyone who helped make the University's third Health and Wellbeing Day a triumph.
Once again we had a good number of colleagues participate on the day, visiting stalls and attending presentations, including the Principal and a lot of the senior management team.
We were honoured to have Paralympian, and alumnus, Neil Fachie with us to present the awards for the Race to the North Pole challenge. Congratulations to the Happy Feet team who won the race.
Our three minute rowing challenge proved popular, with colleagues clocking up a staggering 30,952 metres, a distance which is almost equivalent to crossing the English Channel. Congratulations to the IT team who recorded an impressive 8538 metres, followed by Cruickshank’s Gardens with 6564 and HR with 3038. The highest metres by individuals were recorded by:
Colin Wooley - 930m
Fraser Lovie - 861m
Chris Robb - 859m
Impressive times were also recorded in our bike challenge, the best times in seconds in the 500m dash were:
Female leader board
Alice McClellan - 40.06
Gillian Kerr - 44.14
Sarah Knox - 44.36
Male leader board
Mike Whyment - 33.61
Chris James - 33.81
Chris Robb - 35.93
Chris Osbeck - 37.00
Luke Harrold - 37.36
A number of sessions throughout the day were both popular and beneficial to the staff. They ranged from talks on breast cancer, diet and nutrition, to workshops on mindfulness and resilience.
Following the success of both the day and the Race to the North Pole challenge, we are eager for people to continue striving for a healthy lifestyle. Let’s make 2017 the year for health and wellbeing!
What did you think of the day? Tell us here.
Browse by Month
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2018
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018