Over the summer, we rolled out 250 new classroom PCs as part of the University's Technology Renewal Program (TRP).
New Solid State Drives in classrooms
All new classroom devices deployed this summer are state of the art, mini-PCs and all are equipped with fast, Solid State Drives (SSDs) as standard.
The SSDs will not only speed up login time but also significantly improve the performance of resource hungry applications.
Phasing out of CD/DVD drives
Teaching staff should be aware that the new mini PCs do not come equipped with CD/DVD drives as standard. In addition, we will be gradually phasing out CD and DVD drives over the coming years as manufacturers continue the move towards ‘disc drive-less’ computers.
You can use your H drive to store and access teaching materials in the classroom. Alternatively, you may prefer to use the College folders on the classroom Desktop.
About the Technology Renewal Program
Each year, to keep pace with the latest technologies and to meet the needs of our staff and students, we replace around 25% of our total computer stock of staff and classroom PCs.
We have around 1600 PCs in classrooms and teaching spaces across campus and expect to replace all remaining hard drive devices with SSDs over the next 3-4 years.
Browse by Month
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018