Course Concerns

If you feel you are struggling with your course or falling behind in your studies it is important to talk to someone. For course-specific issues, you should contact the Course Coordinator(s) in the first instance. If you are unsure who your Course Coordinator is, please refer to your Course Handbook or the Undergraduate Catalogue of Courses or Postgraduate Catalogue of Courses

Programme Concerns

If you are worried about your studies more generally, or feel that you are not progressing as you would like, contact your Regent (UG Medicine students), Supervisor (Postgraduate students) or the Duty Registry Officer (all other Undergraduate students) in the first instance. 

Study Skills

The Student Learning Service offers a range of services and online resources to help you in your studies. There are bookable workshops and study advice sessions, including dyslexia study advice sessions.

IT Support

IT Services supports a variety of web and computer-based resources, complementing your studies and allowing you to manage and review coursework at your pace and in your own time.

If you have any queries regarding wireless internet access, University email, access to PCs or if you have forgotten your password, then all you need to do is visit the web links shown, the IT Services website, or simply contact the IT Service Desk.

Unsure Who to Approach First?

Registry staff can be a good first contact for students with concerns about their studies. Though they cannot provide academic advice, they can advise on what to do if, for example, you have failed exams, want to switch courses, are unsure if you are qualified to progress to the next year of study, and so on. They can also help you to interpret the regulations for your programme of study.

Your School Office is also a good first point of contact for advice.

Support for Study Policy

The Support for Study policy is a supportive way of assisting the small number of students whose behaviour gives cause for concern. It offers an alternative to disciplinary action when a student’s behaviour may be affected by a health condition or disability.  Details of the policy can be found here.

Language Centre

Contact the Language Centre for advice and guidance with English Language skills or if you are looking to learn an entirely new language.