- To champion the embedding of Digital activities and best practice across Education Research and Administration throughout the University, guided by the Aberdeen 2040 strategy.
- To provide a strategic forum that shapes the University’s deployment and use of Digital resources, both financial and staff.
- To identity opportunities to enrich the University Digital capability and commission supporting initiatives.
- To liaise with the Project Management Office to ensure that appropriate governance and assurance is provided for all relevant work.
- To ensure rich and regular consultation with and communications support for our staff and students in the use of Digital technologies and content.
- To have accountability for the development and delivery of the University’s Digital investment, in projects and initiatives.
- To approve the strategic investment of Digital funds to deliver projects and initiatives which enable the University’s institutional goal of being truly Inclusive, Interdisciplinary, International and Sustainable.
- To research and horizon scan for new digital technologies, content and approaches which enable and enhance the University’s goals.
- To establish sub-groups as may be required to deliver specific areas of the Committee’s remit.
- To provide regular progress reports to University Senior Management for onward transmission to appropriate committees of the University.
- To act as the focal point for business cases and associated bids for significant digital funding and make decisions in terms of the funding and commission of subsequent work.
- To undertake Digital financial portfolio management and, in liaison with Finance colleagues, monitor and report on the use of Digital funding.
University Secretary, COO
Two Elected Members of Senate
Murilo da Silva Baptista
Vice-Principal (Global Student Recruitment)
Vice-Principal for Research
Vice-Principal (Regional Engagement and Regional Recovery)
Dean for Academic Research Partnerships and Research Governance
Dr Andrew Dilley
Dean for Educational Innovation
Dean for International Stakeholder Engagement
Dean for Widening Access, Articulation and Outreach
Director of People
Chief Financial Officer
Director of Digital and Information Services
Interim Director of Estates & Facilities
Director of On-line & Academic Registrar
Director of Planning
Director of Research & Innovation
Assistant Director (Applications Management)
Assistant Director (Service Management)
Two Heads of School
Lead School Admin Officer
Data Protection Officer
Student Association President
Centre for Academic Development Representation
Other academic and / or professional service members may be co-opted as required.