Covid-19 / Blended Learning: QAC approval of first half-session courses for 2020-21
Given the number of changes anticipated in advance of the start of September 2020 to ensure that adaptions required to courses and programmes to align with Blended Learning principles the QAC will implement a stream-lined approval process for first half-session 2020-21 courses. Guidance on this is available here.
The Curriculum Management System (CMS) is not open to Schools during academic year 2019-20 whilst it undergoes a series of technical enhancements in response to user feedback.
Please refer to the interim procedural information below for all aspects of Programme and Course approvals for delivery from September 2020. The interim process will continue to be reviewed by the Business Case Approval Group (for new and withdrawn programmes) and the Quality Assurance Committee (for all changes to academic delivery and assessment).
New and Withdrawn Programmes
The process to be followed is summarised in flow chart format. Guidance for Schools wishing to establish new programmes and/or withdraw existing programmes from their portfolio should use the templates below. For further information please contact the Business Case Approval Group (BCAG) via email@example.com. Please note: In adherence to the School Planning process a business case is required for all new programmes and these, together with withdrawing programmes, should be reflected in School plans and projections.
Programme Modifications, New and Withdrawn Courses and Course Modifications
- Programme Modification – use to propose changes to a programme
- New Course Proposal - use when proposing a brand-new course, or proposing radical changes to a course
- Course Status Change – use to notify when the status of a course is changing from live to withdrawn or dormant, or vice versa
- Course Change – use to propose changes to an existing course and one variant
- Variant Change - use in conjunction with the Course Change template when there are multiple variants associated with one master
- Request to CAP or change a CAP on a Course
Completed templates should be emailed to the relevant QAC Approver, copied to the Curriculum Administrator (CA) by 30 November 2019 at the latest.
Questions should be directed to the School QAC Approver or Curriculum Administrator (CA)
Post BCAG and QAC approval the Curriculum Team will update the Catalogue of Courses and Calendar and ask Schools to check the detail before they go live.
The University Calendar and the Catalogue of Courses
Once approved, courses and programmes are made available to staff and students via:
- University Calendar: lists every programme offered by the University in a given academic year, the academic regulations which must be adhered to, and the courses which must be studied to ensure a student can graduate.
- Catalogue of Courses: a catalogue of all the courses the University offers, listed by subject area.