External Examiners are appointed by the University to ensure that standards are maintained on a comparable level with universities throughout the UK and that the system of assessment is seen to be transparent and fair to all students.
External Examiners make recommendations to the Senate, which authorises the award of degrees, diplomas and certificates.The following links refer to External Examining of taught courses and programmes.Information for External Examining at postgraduate research level can be found on the Postgraduate Research pages.
- Roles and Responsibilities of External Examiners
- External Examiners: Nomination, Appointment, Fees, Termination of Contract
- Nomination Form for External Examiners (UG/PGT)
- Induction of External Examiners
- External Examiners: Reporting Instructions and Information
- External Examiners' Annual Report Form
- Information for External Examiners (UG/PGT) on the Calculation of Fees
- External Examiners' (UG/PGT) Expenses Claim Form