Principle 5: Accessibility & Inclusivity
Provide teaching, learning and assessment that ensures that students are not disadvantaged or directly/indirectly discriminated against, with the aim of providing students with the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
- Possible approaches
What you can do
- clearly communicate all course expectations (e.g. assessment requirements, modes of delivery) at the outset;
- develop accessible and inclusive online content (using document heading styles and video captioning);
- present information in multiple ways where appropriate
- ensure responsiveness to student needs as part of an approach that emphasises the student voice
- Examples and further guidance
For examples, further guidance and helpful information about providing feedback, please read our Inclusivity and Accessibility in Education Framework page and download our Disability, Inclusion, Teaching and Assessment FAQs for Staff document.