Effective communication with you is an important part of helping you get the most out of your educational experience at the University.
If you have any news, events or achievements concerning students please send an email to the Student Experience team with your story so we can help celebrate it and promote it. Email: email@example.com
How we communicate with you
There are a number of ways in which the University can communicate with you throughout your studies, these can be accessed by every student.
- Blogging, Vlogging and Podcasts
Student Content Creators
Our creative, passionate and enthusiastic student content creators share their experiences of student life at the University of Aberdeen through blogs, vlogs, podcasts and social media platforms.
You can follow their student journey and interest as they develop within the University of Aberdeen community as they introduce you to all that student life has to offer, as well as key social media campaigns. Check out what our students have been up to here.
Becoming a Student Content Creator
If you have…
- A keen interest in blogging, vlogging, social media or podcasts
- A willingness to develop key skills in communication, marketing, content creation, teamwork, public speaking, networking and engaging with students
- Genuine interest in enhancing the student experience
You could join the content creation team!
- Social Media
The University runs a number of social media accounts. The main Social Media account for current students are the Student Life pages.
Summer #ABDNhometowneats Competition (For all Current Students & Offer Holders only)
We want to see your favourite hometown eats this Summer! The best foodie photo will win...
- A FREE Friday lunch feast for you and 3 friends in the food court once a month for a year!
- An exclusive cookery demo from our award winning chefs for you and up to 14 friends!
- Your hometown eats favourite will be featured as a recipe in our new student recipe book!
Read the full Terms & Conditions here
- Student Fortnightly Update (e-newsletter)
During term-time, every two weeks students receive an email from the University. This is a round-up of events, news and opportunities send straight to your University email address.
You can view previous versions of the ezine below.
- Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
‘MyAberdeen’ is your very own virtual learning environment.
This is where you will find learning materials and resources associated with your courses and where you will be notified of any announcements about your courses or the University.
Guidance on using MyAberdeen is also available on the Centre for Academic Development eLearning web pages.
- University Emails
From time to time, the University’s Communication department may need to contact students to keep them informed about news and events on campus outside the schedule of the fortnightly Ezine.
These communications will be sent directly to your student email account.
- Student Hub (formally Student Portal)
The Student Hub is the place to visit if you want to find out:
- Exam results
- Your academic progress
- Academic information, for example how many credits you have, your degree title etc.
- Non-academic information
- Surveys and Feedback
Your ideas, expertise and feedback is a key part of driving change at the University of Aberdeen. InForm provides you with a number of opportunities to feedback and shape the University and your future.
If you want to find out more about forthcoming blue table sessions, surveys or other feedback opportunities or to find out the results of previous surveys please visit the InForm pages of the website.