Up to 2 consecutive years at University of Aberdeen.
What is Covered?
- Allowance for research costs
- Participation in national and international conferences
- Laptop to be used during the Programme
- Airfare from/to Brazil in the beginning and end of the post in Aberdeen
- Coverage for the visa application fees
Most important for the candidate is academic excellence coupled with the necessary intellectual agility to take on new challenges and to learn new skills in an international team environment.
- Brazilian citizenship;
- Development of a research proposal on the Sedimentary Systems theme, based on a subject approved by University of Aberdeen and BG Brasil;
- Proficiency in English. For more information on the English Language Requirements, please access our English Requirements page (in English).
How to Participate
Interested in joining? Find below the step-by-step process and apply.
- To participate on the Programme, your proposal must be accepted by the supervisor at the University of Aberdeen and also by BG;
- Once approved, you must request a letter by the lead academic at the University of Aberdeen, inviting you as a visiting researcher and stating your level of English;
- Apply to the Science without Borders Programme with your project proposal and lead academic letter, following the standard regulation;
- Once approved by Science without Borders, you need to send the funding confirmation to the lead academic and the Human Resources department at the University of Aberdeen, who will provide the necessary information for your visa application as visiting researcher;
- When you complete your research at the University of Aberdeen, you must return to Brazil according to Science without Borders requirements.