- Two years at UFRGS and two years at University of Aberdeen. The period at University of Aberdeen must be of two consecutive years.
- At the end of the course, students will receive diplomas from both universities.
What is Covered
- Coverage of domestic and international academic fees
- Allowance for research and training costs
- Participation in national and international conferences
- Laptop to be used during the Programme
- Supervisor costs for travel
- Airfare from/to Brazil in the beginning and end of the course in Aberdeen
- Coverage for the visa application fees
Most important for the candidate is academic excellence coupled with the necessary intellectual agility to take on new challenges and to learn new skills in an international team environment.
- Programmed is targeted exclusively to Brazilian nationals;
- Development of thesis on the Sedimentary Systems theme, based on a subject approved by PPGGEO, University of Aberdeen and BG Brasil;
- Proficiency in English. For additional information, visit our English Requirements page.
How to Participate
Interested in joining? Find below the step-by-step process and apply.
- To participate on the Programme you must be accepted by the two institutions: UFRGS and University of Aberdeen. Please contact the supervisors at both universities to discuss the themes before applying;
- You must apply to and be selected by UFRGS, according to its requirements for PhD;
- After completing one year or more at UFRGS, you must apply to University of Aberdeen and, when selected, you will receive an offer letter from the university;
- BG Brasil will provide a recommendation letter;
- You must then apply for a scholarship at the Science without Borders Programme, according to its established schedule, attaching the University of Aberdeen offer letter and BG Brasil’s recommendation letter;
- Once approved, inform University of Aberdeen so we can issue the CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies), document required for the student visa application;
- When you complete your period at University of Aberdeen, you must return to Brazil to finish your PhD.