Dr Aliakbar Jamshidi Far
PhD (Electrical Engineering), CEng, MIET, MIEEE
- Lecturer, School of Engineering, University of Aberdeen, Dec. 2017 - Present
- Research Fellow, Aberdeen HVDC Centre, School of Engineering, University of Aberdeen, Nov. 2012 - Nov. 2017
- Assistant Professor, Iranian Research Organization for Science and Technology (IROST), Iran, Feb. 2008-Nov. 2012
- PhD in Electrical Engineering from University of AmirKabir, Iran, 2008
- MSc in Electrical Engineering from Iran University of Science and Technology, Iran, 1996
- BSc in Electrical Engineering from Sharif University of Technology, Iran, 1992
I am an IET chartered engineer, a member of IEEE and a member of CIGRE working group B4.76.
- Modelling and Control of Electrical and Electromechanical Systems
- HVDC systems and DC grids
- High power AC/DC and DC/DC converters
- DC Circuit Breakers,
- Renewable Energy,
- Application of Ultasond waves in Oil & Gas
Funding and Grants
- Oil & Gas Technology Centre (OGTC), “Ultrasound Based Technology for Removal of Scale from Downhole Production Tubing”, £204k, 2019-2021 (Co-PI).
- Consultancy (with Dr S. Aphale), £42k, BP PLC (UK), 2019-2020 (PI).
- EU Horizon 2020, PROMOTion (Progress on Multiterminal DC networks)”, 2016-2017 (Research Fellow)
- SSE (Scottish and Southern Energy) "High power DC/DC converter and DC hub design based on Modular Multilevel topology”, 2015-2016 (Research Fellow).
ERC (European Research Council), “Modelling of DC systems”, 2012-2014 (Research Fellow).
- EE3579 - Electrical and Electronic Eng Design (Contributor)
- EG 551K/55M5 - Renewable Energy Integration to Grid (Coordinator and Sole Contributor
- EG 503V/503W - Solar Energy (Coordinator and Contributor)
- EG 501H/504B - Electrical Systems for Renewable Energy (Coordinator and Contributor)
- 4th year MEng / BEng Individual Projects (Thesis)
- Individual Project for MSc students in Renewable Energy, Oil & Gas, Subsea programs (Thesis)
Page 1 of 2 Results 1 to 10 of 16
Land and water requirements for the supply of renewable heating and transport energy using anaerobic digestion and water electrolysis: A case study for the UKSustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments, vol. 48, 101636Contributions to Journals: Articles
Selecting frequency and parameters of DC-fault tolerant Non-Isolated high power MMC DC/DC ConverterElectric Power Systems Research, vol. 191, 106896Contributions to Journals: Articles
A Systems Based Modelling Tool for the Selection of Wave Energy Device to Power Remote IslandsChapters in Books, Reports and Conference Proceedings: Conference Proceedings
Design and analysis of a smart microgrid for a small island in IndonesiaInternational Journal of Smart Grid and Clean Energy , vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 967-974Contributions to Journals: Articles
Case Study of Non-Isolated MMC DC-DC Converter in HVDC GridsContributions to Conferences: Papers
Control methods for fault current limiting using hybrid HV DC Circuit BreakersContributions to Conferences: Papers
Design, Modeling and Control of Hybrid DC Circuit Breaker Based on Fast ThyristorsIEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 919-927Contributions to Journals: Articles
Modelling of hybrid DC circuit breaker based on phase-control thyristorsChapters in Books, Reports and Conference Proceedings: Conference Proceedings
Investigation of a 5-port LCL DC hub connecting 7 HVDC terminals in the North of ScotlandChapters in Books, Reports and Conference Proceedings: Conference Proceedings
High-power modular multilevel converter optimal design for DC/DC converter applicationsIET Power Electronics, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 247-255Contributions to Journals: Articles