Dr Srinivas Sriramula
Srinivas is currently a Senior Lecturer in the School of Engineering. He has joined as a Lecturer in the School of Engineering at the University of Aberdeen in August 2009. Prior to that, he was a Postdoctoral Researcher (Oct 2006 - July 2009) at the University of Surrey working on CREDO (Composites Reliability from Engineering Design Optimisation) project.
Srinivas received his PhD from the Indian Institute of Technology Madras focusing on Copula based Simulations for Engineering systems. He has a Masters degree in Structural Engineering from MNNIT and was awarded the Sir. Arthur Cotton Gold Medal (2000) by Nagarjuna University, India for securing highest marks in B.Tech (Civil Engineering).
Programme Co-ordinator for
• MSc Safety and Reliability Engineering
• MSc (Global) Subsea Engineering, and
• MSc Offshore Engineering
Graduated PhD students
• Peter Hyman, Structural behaviour and reliability-based design of prestressed stayed columns, 2021; Primary Supervisor: Dr Israel Osofero.
• Sadik Omairey, Efficient Multi-scale Reliability Analysis of Fibre Reinforced Composites, 2020; Primary Supervisor: Dr Peter Dunning.
• Reza Aulia, Dynamic reliability analysis for pipeline performance prediction, 2020.
• Alexandre Morató Casademunt, Reliability of Offshore Wind Turbine Support Structures, 2019.
• Mohammad Hedyati, Reliability of Blast Wall Structures, 2019.
• Susmita Naskar, Spatial variability characterization of laminated composites, 2018.
• Siamak Alizadeh, Reliability of Safety Instrumented Systems, 2018.
• Abayomi Obisesan, Stochastic Damage Modelling of Ship-Ship and Ship-Iceberg collisions, 2017.
• Usman Abubakar, Stochastic Approaches for Process Performance Modelling, 2014.
- Fellow, Safety and Reliability Society.
- Reviewer for various learned journals.
Prizes and Awards
- Success in Engagement with Industry Award 2021, Principal's Excellence Awards, University of Aberdeen.
- Recipient of the Excellence in Teaching Award (Postgraduate) 2015, College of Physical Sciences, University of Aberdeen.
- System safety and reliability modelling.
- Sustainable infrastructure for energy transition.
- Risk based inspection and asset management of engineering structures.
- Stochastic multi-scale mechanics and experimental characterisation of FRP composites.
- Machine learning for stochastic spatial variability representation of engineering systems.
- Stochastic finite elements, reliability based optimal design of structures, and related fields.
Page 6 of 8 Results 51 to 60 of 78
Probabilistic considerations in the deformation mechanics of ship collisionsContributions to Conferences: Papers
An experimental characterisation of spatial variability in GFRP composite panelsStructural Safety, vol. 42, pp. 1-11Contributions to Journals: Articles
Non-linear dynamic reliability analysis of profiled blast wallsContributions to Conferences: Papers
A hybrid method for stochastic system performance analysisContributions to Conferences: Papers
Finite element reliability analysis of blast wall structuresContributions to Conferences: Papers
Stochastic Analysis of Corroded PipelinesContributions to Conferences: Papers
Analysis of wave energy parameters based on copula functionsContributions to Conferences: Papers
Random field modelling of spatial variability in FRP composite materialsContributions to Conferences: Papers
A critical reliability evaluation of fibre reinforced composite materials based on probabilistic micro and macro-mechanical analysisComposites Part B: Engineering, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 446-453Contributions to Journals: Articles
Multi-scale probabilistic analysis of fibre reinforced composite materialsContributions to Conferences: Papers