Dr Srinivas Sriramula
Srinivas is currently a Senior Lecturer in the School of Engineering. He has joined as a Lecturer in the School of Engineering at the University of Aberdeen in August 2009. Prior to that, he was a Postdoctoral Researcher (Oct 2006 - July 2009) at the University of Surrey working on CREDO (Composites Reliability from Engineering Design Optimisation) project.
Srinivas has received his PhD from the Indian Institute of Technology Madras focusing on Copula based Simulations for Engineering systems. He has a Masters degree in Structural Engineering from MNNIT and was awarded the Sir. Arthur Cotton Gold Medal (2000) by Nagarjuna University, India for securing highest marks in B.Tech (Civil Engineering).
• Success in Engagement with Industry Award 2021, Principal's Excellence Awards, University of Aberdeen.
• Recipient of the Excellence in Teaching Award (Postgraduate) 2015, College of Physical Sciences, University of Aberdeen.
Programme Co-ordinator for
• MSc Safety and Reliability Engineering
• MSc (Global) Subsea Engineering, and
• MSc Offshore Engineering
Graduated PhD students
• Sadik Omairey, Efficient Multi-scale Reliability Analysis of Fibre Reinforced Composites, September 2020; Primary Supervisor: Dr Peter Dunning.
• Reza Aulia, Dynamic reliability analysis for pipeline performance prediction, March 2020.
• Alexandre Morató Casademunt, Reliability of Offshore Wind Turbine Support Structures, November 2019.
• Mohammad Hedyati, Reliability of Blast Wall Structures, January 2019.
• Susmita Naskar, Spatial variability characterization of laminated composites, September 2018.
• Siamak Alizadeh, Reliability of Safety Instrumented Systems, June 2018.
• Abayomi Obisesan, Stochastic Damage Modelling of Ship-Ship and Ship-Iceberg collisions, April 2017.
• Usman Abubakar, Stochastic Approaches for Chemical Process Performance Modelling, November 2014.
- Fellow, Safety and Reliability Society.
- Reviewer for various learned journals.
- System safety and reliability modelling.
- Risk based inspection and management of ageing structures.
- Stochastic micro- and macro-mechanics, multi-scale spatial variability and experimental characterisation of composite materials and components.
- Multivariate stochastic models for spatial variability representation of engineering systems.
- Stochastic finite elements, reliability based optimal design of structures, and related fields.
Page 1 of 8 Results 1 to 10 of 78
Rogue Lateral buckle Initiation at Subsea PipelinesApplied Ocean ResearchContributions to Journals: Articles
Dynamic reliability model for subsea pipeline risk assessment due to third-party interferenceJournal of Pipeline Science and EngineeringContributions to Journals: Articles
Uncertainty modeling in reliability analysis of floating wind turbine support structuresRenewable Energy, vol. 165, no. Part 1, pp. 88-108Contributions to Journals: Articles
Reliability-centered maintenance and cost optimization for offshore oil and gas componentsContributions to Journals: Conference Articles
Calibration of safety factors for offshore wind turbine support structures using fully coupled simulationsMarine Structures, vol. 75, 102880Contributions to Journals: Articles
Statistical and Probabilistic-based Decision aids for Offshore Wind Turbine Reliability2020 International Conference on Decision Aid Sciences and Application (DASA 2020).  IEEE Explore pp. 566-571, 6 pages.Chapters in Books, Reports and Conference Proceedings: Conference Proceedings
Multi-scale Reliability-Based Design Optimisation Framework for Fibre-Reinforced Composite LaminatesEngineering Computations JournalContributions to Journals: Articles
Performance-based design of stainless steel profiled barrier blast wallsShips and Offshore StructuresContributions to Journals: Articles
Reliability Model and Sensitivity Analysis for Electrical/Electronic/Programmable Electronic Safety-Related SystemsIEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 3422-3430Contributions to Journals: Articles
Safety Integrity Level Verification Model for IED Protection SchemesIEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 4329-4336Contributions to Journals: Articles