Pure is linked to several University systems, including Human Resources (HR), Student Records, and the applications and grants databases.

Where content in Pure is synchronised from other systems it cannot be edited in Pure. The sections below outline what data is captured by Pure from other University systems and how you can contact the relevant sections to request updates to synchronised data.

Human Resources Data

HR data such as your name, your current job title, HESA id, and your employment details are synchronised into Pure every evening. Updates in the HR system will be reflected in Pure after 24 hours. Some changes, e.g. a name change, will overwrite the existing data in Pure, other changes, e.g. changes to employment information will create a new record in Pure. Data that is currently synchronised from HR cannot be amended in Pure; if any of your current details are not correct you should contact your HR partner to request a correction.  If any of your previous details e.g. a former employment record, is not correct please contact the Pure team to request an update to Pure.

Student Records

Supervision data and Postgraduate Student information are synchronised from Student Records. This data is not editable in Pure and any changes to this should be made in the student records system which will then synchronise with Pure overnight. To request a correction you should contact your school administration team. If recent corrections are not appearing in Pure please contact the Pure team so that we can investigate.

Applications, Awards and Projects

Applications, Awards, and Projects are synchronised from the Grants and Contracts Database, and will shortly be synchronised from the new Research Award Management System: Worktribe. There are limited amendments that can be made to these records in Pure, any issues with this data should be flagged to the Research Finance Team. Due to ongoing developments in the Worktribe system, applications processed since 1 February 2021 may not show in Pure, however Award and Project data continues to be synchronised regularly. 

Research Studentships and other funding

Research studentships with associated consumables and externally funded stipends should be set up as a research grant. Please contact the Research Finance Team to request the set up of this type of research grant.

If a researcher has been awarded internal funding or funding not processed through the grants and contracts database this can be recorded as a project in Pure. Please contact the Pure team for further advice and guidance.