The Centre for the Novel: Professor Jeanette King
I am very pleased to announce the next Centre for the Novel event. On Wednesday 18th March, 11:00 (MacRobert 055), Professor Jeannette King will deliver a research paper: 'Conquistadora! Love and Conquest in Isabel Allende's Inés of my Soul'.
All welcome, light refreshments will be provided.
Featuring: Professor Jeanette King
Wednesday 18th March 2020, 11am - 12pm
Room MR055, MacRobert Building, University of Aberdeen
Past Projects and Events
- "Windows on Research", University of Aberdeenm 13th November 2019. Dr Áine Larkin, Dr Sarah Sharp and Dr Dan Wall
- The Centre for the Novel Annual Lecture 2019, University of Aberdeen, 5th March 2019. Professor Deborah Denenholz Morse, College of William & Mary (Williamsburg, Virginia): 'Burning Art and Political Resistance: Anne Brontë’s Radical Imaginary of Wives, Enslaved People, and Animals in The Tenant of Wildfell Hall (1848)'.
- "Women, Science, Narrative: Writing Female Experience in a Scientific Age" Workshop, University of Aberdeen, May 2015.
- 'An International Conference at the Centre for the Novel'. Sir Duncan Rice Library, University of Aberdeen, 6-9 April 2017. Plenary Speakers: Oliver Kohns, University of Luxembourg, Randall Stevenson, University of Edinburgh, Steven Trout, University of South Alabama
- 'Will Self in Conversation with Alexandra Lewis', Aberdeen's headline event for the UK's first Being Human Festival, November 2014.
- The Real Thing: Henry James and the Material World: Sixth International Conference of the Henry James Society, Sir Duncan Rice library and King’s College Conference centre, University of Aberdeen, 16-19th July 2014.
- Wednesday 19 March 2014, 6pm: Alan Spence, Zen and the Art of the Novel, Centre for the Novel Annual Lecture, MacRobert Lecture Theatre, King's College. Admission Free. Further information.
- 11 October 2012: Centre for the Novel Annual Lecture, James Naughtie, 'An Age for Dickens?'
- 08 November 2012: Michael Slater, 'An Attempt on the Life of Charles Dickens'
- 24 March 2012: Novel Approaches: A Workshop for Teachers of English
- Dickens in 2012: A bicentenary programme of lectures, film screenings and performances, May to November 2012
- 29 November 2011: Centre for the Novel Annual Lecture, Sophie Hannah
- 15 May 2011: A conversation with Margaret Atwood at the Word Festival
- 19 Match 2011: Jane Austen Enters the Marketplace: A Bicentenary Celebration
- 20 April 2010: Centre for the Novel Annual Lecture, Janice Galloway
- The Novel and Its Borders. International Conference, 8-10 July 2008. Speakers: Terry Castle, Ian Duncan, and Jonathan Lamb
- 20 April 2009: Centre for the Novel Annual Lecture, Michele Roberts
- 18 March 2008: Centre for the Novel Annual Lecture, John Mullan
- 5 May 2007: Popular Dickens. Speakers: Malcolm Andrews, John Drew, Juliet John, Michael Slater, Grahame Smith
- 10 November 2006: Henry James and the Art of the Novel. Speakers: Philip Horne, Tessa Hadley, Oliver Herford, Matthew Rubery