Jamie Lawson, a PhD candidarte in composition, will be hosted by Vanishing Scotland, a community archive in Moniaive.
As part of the Hear Here Researcher in Residence program PhD student Jamie Lawson (lead supervisor: Dr Suk-Jun Kim) will be hosted by Vanishing Scotland, a community archive situated in Moniaive. The archive is held and curated by Alyne Jones and hosts an extensive collection of recordings, photographs, and written texts chronicling lifestyle and culture of people in Galloway during the early 20th century. Jamie will provide support in the following tasks:
Extensive digitisation of open-reel and cassette tape recordings
Organisation and cataloguing of digitised material
Establishing a sustainable technical workflow (equipment guides, procedures) for future researchers/archivists associated with Vanishing Scotland.
From this process, Jamie not only hopes to gain professional experience using audio technologies (and associated skills) in an archive setting, but also use the first hand archiving experience to gain insight as to how archival and data management process can inform sonic arts practices. The program is supported by the Scottish Graduate School of Arts and Humanities, and Scotland’s Sounds.
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items for January 2016
- Feb There are no items for February 2016
- Mar There are no items for March 2016
- Apr There are no items for April 2016
- May There are no items for May 2016
- Jun There are no items for June 2016
- Jul There are no items for July 2016
- Aug There are no items for August 2016
- Oct There are no items for October 2016