Professor Chris Collins presents Errollyn Wallen CBE with Distinguished Musician Award
In June 2021, Belize-born British composer, pianist and singer-songwriter, Errollyn Wallen CBE was awarded with the 2020 ISM Distinguished Musician Award, one of the highest honours within the music industry, for services to music. The award was presented by Professor Chris Collins, ISM President 2020-21 at Errollyn's home in North...
Pete Stollery shortlisted for Scottish Awards for New Music
Professor Pete Stollery's work is shortlisted in three categories at the Scottish Awards for New Music 2021.
A successful year for our students
We are very happy to see that despite the numerous challenges we all faces in this academic year, there are many positive news to share. We have asked two of our students what they have been up to:
Careers in the Music Industry - Interview with Tobias Wolf Published in Book
As one of the 14 music experts interviewed for a book about career paths in music by German author Dirk Geest, conductor and composer Tobias Patrick Wolf who is undertaking studies for a doctoral degree in Music at the University of Aberdeen, speaks about his work as a musician. He...
Alcina Announcement May 2021
With heavy hearts the Alcina's Monsters Team has made the decision to postpone our opera workshop and performances yet again. We are proud to have a high calibre international coaching team; unfortunately, there is still a high degree of uncertainty regarding international travel and quarantine under the Scottish Government's Covid-19...
Ed Jones appointed Director of Music at Wakefield Cathedral
Former music student of the University of Aberdeen Music Department appointed as Director of Music at Wakefield Cathedral.
BA Mid-Career Fellowship news
Frances Wilkins, lecturer in ethnomusicology at the Elphinstone Institute, was recently awarded a British Academy Mid-Career Fellowship for her project, Seinn Coisrigte anns a' Ghàidhealtachd an Iar agus 'sna h-Eileanan Siar - Sacred Singing in the West Highlands and Western Isles.
Pauline Black and Chris Collins lead major professional development conference for UK musicians
Pauline and Chris were lead contributors to the ISM's 'Building for the Future' conference on 24 April.
Dr Jonathan Hicks launches new London Stage calendar
The London Stage, 1800-1844 is an open access digital resource detailing thousands of theatrical and musical performances.
Conference on 19th-century London theatre co-organised by Dr Jonathan Hicks
The third biennial conference on the London Stage in the 19th-Century World is taking place online 15-17 April 2021.
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2016
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2016
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2016
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2016
- May There are no items to show for May 2016
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2016
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2016
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2016
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2016
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2013
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2013
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2013
- May There are no items to show for May 2013
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2013
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2013
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2013