Department appoints new Teaching Fellow in Composition
The Department of Music recently appointed a new Teaching Fellow in Composition for 2019-20, Dr John De Simone who joins from the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland. Dr De Simone studied at Cardiff University and the Guildhall before studying in The Hague. He completed his studies for a PhD at St...
First Academic Study of James MacMillan Published.
The first academic study of the life and works of leading Scottish composer Sir James MacMillan, The Music of James MacMillan, was recently published by The Boydell Press. The book was written by departmental Senior Lecturer, Dr Phillip Cooke, and is the culmination of several years research into the work...
May Festival Success for 'Celebrate Chez Schedel' event
For sixty magical minutes, the audience of 'Celebrate Chez Schedel' on Saturday, 25 May, were transported with all their senses to the fifteenth century.
University of Aberdeen music student Tobias Wolf conducts in the prestigious Winspear in Canada
For this year's Good Friday Concert, the young German conductor Tobias Patrick Wolf, who studies at the University of Aberdeen Music Department, has been invited to conduct the ensemble in a part of the programme. He has been awarded with the Carlaw-Ogston Conducting Bursary which enabled him to participate in...
Department of Music makes top 15
For the second year in a row, the department of music has made the top 15 according to The Complete University Guide 2020 rankings.
2019 Ogston Music Prize winners
A competition final to remember for all the right reasons.
Footballing first for University choir
The University's Chapel Choir performed for a very different audience when football's lawmakers made history by holding their first ever meeting in Aberdeen.
James Aburn - Winner of the Carlaw / Ogston Composition Award 2019
A fantastic night of new compositions by the emerging composers of the University of Aberdeen shows breadth of talent and ideas.
National Award for Sound Festival Director
Fiona Robertson, Director of sound, has been awarded the biennial RPS Leslie Boosey Award for her tireless work in the promotion of new music in the UK.
Professor Paul Mealor composes new work for HRH The Prince of Wales.
Professor Paul Mealor has composed a new work for a special concert at Buckingham Palace hosted by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II to mark the fiftieth Anniversary of His Royal Highness The Prince Charles' Investiture as Prince of Wales. Professor Mealor's new work, 'Morwyn Llyn Fan' for soprano and harp,...
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2016
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2016
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2016
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2016
- May There are no items to show for May 2016
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2016
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2016
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2016
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2016
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2013
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2013
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2013
- May There are no items to show for May 2013
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2013
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2013
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2013