Recent conference presentations
British Society for Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (BSAC) Winter Conference 2023
- UK Antimicrobial Registry (UKAR) Study: Progress to date
Rebecca Parr, Jay Woods, Gareth T Jones, Gary J Macfarlane, Jacqueline Sneddon and Laura J Moir
Poster designed by Christien Quilay
American College of Rheumatology - ACR Convergence 2023
San Diego, USA
- The influence of “fibromyalgia-ness” on treatment response amongst patients with Psoriatic Arthritis (PsA). Results from the British Society for Rheumatology Psoriatic Arthritis Register (BSR‐PsA)
Gary J Macfarlane, Ovidiu Rotariu, Stephanie Lembke, Flavia Sunzini, Gareth T Jones and Neil Basu (on behalf of CENTAUR investigators)
- Using a Whole-population Approach to Help Design More Effective and Efficient Healthcare Services for People with Fibromyalgia
Gary J Macfarlane, Roxanne Cooksey, Ernest Choy and Rosemary Hollick (on behalf of PACFiND investigators)
British Society for Spondyloarthritis (BRITSpA) Annual Scientific Meeting 2023
- Two-thirds patients with axSpA are already beyond ‘early’ disease by the time they receive a diagnosis – data from the BSRBR-AS
Gareth T Jones, Gary J Macfarlane and Ovidiu Rotariu
- In an age of artificial intelligence, it’s possible to produce fake but very convincing scientific abstracts, quickly and easily
Gareth T Jones and Nicola J Goodson
Health Services UK Conference 2023
- Moving beyond aspirational rhetoric – learning from the role of professional jurisdictions in integrated care delivery in rare disease
This research is from the Vasculitis Outcomes In relation to Care ExperienceS (VOICES) study. You can find out more about VOICES at our study webpages.
Group for Research and Assessment of Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis (GRAPPA) Annual Meeting 2023
- Treatment response in PsA: Sleep, disease duration, skin and nail disease matter
Stephanie Lembke, Ovidiu Rotariu, Ross MacDonald, Rosemary J Hollick, Gary J Macfarlane and Gareth T Jones
British Pain Society (BPS) Annual Scientific Meeting 2023
- Adverse childhood experiences and adult pain: opportunities and limitations of existing cohort data
Kate A Timmins, Jisha Babu, Tim G Hales, Lesley A Colvin and Gary J Macfarlane
You can find a supplementary list of the cohorts referred to in this poster here.
This research is from the Consortium Against Pain InEquality (CAPE) study. You can find out more about CAPE at our study webpages.
- Comparing characteristics and outcomes of individuals who participated in a trial versus those that did not
Marcus Beasley, Neil Scott, Gareth T Jones, Gary J Macfarlane
- Beliefs in a trial of treatment for pain
Marcus Beasley, John McBeth, Gareth T Jones, Karina Lovell and Gary J Macfarlane
The above two posters are taken from findings from the MAintaining MusculOskeleTal Health (MAmMOTH) study. You can find out more about MAmMOTH at our study webpages.
British Society for Rheumatology, Annual Conference 2023
- Disease Activity, Comorbidities and Functional Status predict treatment response to bDMARDs and tsDMARDs in Psoriatic Arthritis
In this poster presentation from the British Society for Rheumatology Annual Conference 2023, Christine Addae-Kyereme of the University of Aberdeen discusses results from a systematic review study which shows that levels of disease activity, presence of comorbidities, and functional status all predict treatment response to the use of biologic and targeted synthetic disease modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDS) in psoriatic arthritis (PsA).
- Work Resources for People with Rheumatic and MSK Conditions
In this poster presentation from the British Society for Rheumatology Annual Meeting 2023, Nandini Mishra of the University of Aberdeen discusses results from a mapping exercise of currently available support resources for people working with a musculoskeletal condition.