|Professor Chris Soulsby
Professor of Hydrology
Director of the Northern Rivers Institute
|Dr Jean-Christophe Comte
|Dr Josie Geris
|Dr David Haro Monteagudo
- Professor Doerthe Tetzlaff - Honorary Professor
- Oludare Durodola: ‘Optimising water use and soil carbon sequestration - can agricultural co-cropping systems provide multiple benefits to address climate change?’
- Thomas Kind: ‘Integrating water quality and quantity data to improve hydrological modelling in managed landscapes’
- Martyn Roberts: ‘The role of place and scale on effectiveness of temporary storage areas for surface runoff attenuation’
- Jamie Stevenson: 'Isotopes in Urban Ecohydrology'
- Eva Loerke: "UAV thermal remote sensing for assessing river temperature".
- Oluwaseun Olabode: "Potential of managed aquifer recharge in two contrasted African hydrogeological settings under climatic and demographic pressures".
- Hamish Johnson: "Groundwater and nutrient dynamics in heterogeneous agricultural catchment".
- Yogendra Kumar: "Experimental and field Investigation of fluid flow in fractured rock using self-potential measurements".
- Jesus Mezquita: "Hydrogeophysical approaches for characterising flow and storage in weathered/fractured aquifers".
- Jessica Fennell: ''Evaluating nature based strategies in rural landscapes for managing low flows and stream temperatures".
- Joel Blackburn: "Understanding stream-aquifer interactions and their influence on flow regimes and fluvial processes in a newly restored ephemeral stream".
Recently Completed PhD students
- Ross Glover: "Detailed long-term study of a Scottish Atlantic salmon population across multiple life-stages suggests no discernible benefit of conservation stocking".
- Katya Dimitrova Petrova: "Integrating novel water storage and flow sensing techniques to improve hydrological models/predictions".
- Thea Piovano: "Advancing spatially distributed hydrological models to understand water storage, flux and age dynamics".
- Aaron Neill: "Advancing models of microbial water quality across scales : from statistical to process-based approaches".
- Samson Oiro: "Impact of climate change and human activities on groundwater resources in the Nairobi and Tiwi aquifers: two strategic Kenyan aquifers under high pressure".
- Bernhard Scheliga: "Surface water and groundwater interactions in northern landscapes".
- Luca Fabris: "Modelling the effects of flows and temperatures on Atlantic salmon; opportunities for Atlantic salmon".
- Bas Buddendorf: "Multiscale modelling to assess to impacts on flows and ecology in regulated rivers".
- Baptiste Marteau: "Hydromorphological and ecological response of a freshwater pearl mussel river to the reconnection of a tributary in north western England".
- Maria Blumstock: "Spatial organisation of groundwater-surface water interactions in an upland catchment : integrating hydrometric, tracer and modelling approaches".
- Claire Tunaley "Integrating high-frequency DOC data, isotopes and modelling to assess flow path, connectivity and water age".
- Jonathan Dick: "High frequency data to connect hydrology and biogeochemistry in peatland catchments".
- Emma Quinlan: "Assessing the morphological adjustment and ecological response of the River Ehen to the re-alignment of Ben Gill, West Cumbria".
- Cristina Buendia Fores: "Assessing the impact of fine sediments on river invertebrate communities".
- Scott McGrane: "Effects of climate change on hydrological functioning of upland catchments".
- Rene Capell: "Sustaining river flow under climate change – influence of landscape evolution on groundwater resourcesModelling dominant runoff processes using tracers and landscape organisation in larger catchments".
- Christian Imholt: "Influence of climate and riparian management on the hydrological and thermal regimes of streams".
- Mark Speed: "Isotope hydrology of a large river basin".
- Christian Birkel: "Enhancing methodologies for capturing hydrological data in a changing environment".
- Steve Addy: "Influence of base level change on river channels and catchment dynamics".
- Jane Grant: "Hydro-ecology of groundwater - surface water interactions in complex hydro-geological environments".
- Annie Truscott: "Integrating ecological and hydrological approaches to the distribution of riparian plant species".
- Atul Haria: "Riparian surface-groundwater interactions and stream flow generation in upland catchments – implications for water quality".
- Heather Jackson: "Influence of river regulation on macro- invertebrate communities".