Archaeologists and Archaeology in other disciplines
The archaeological community at the University of Aberdeen is an extensive one, spreading far beyond our own department.
In addition to our Adjunct staff, researchers in the physical and life sciences are working with numerous aspects of palaeo-environments, soil chemistry, the analysis of human remains, conservation and scientific dating. We are also especially fortunate in the presence of the Marischal Museum within the University, combining archaeological and ethnographic collections of national importance with outstanding conservation laboratories.
In terms of Archaeological Science in particular, this combined expertise represents one of the most concentrated research clusters of its kind in the UK.
- Mr Neil Curtis - Senior Curator, Marischal Museum, University of Aberdeen
- Professor Kevin Edwards - Chair in Geosciences
- Professor Jörg Feldmann - Professor of Chemistry, University of Aberdeen
- Dr Dmitri Mauquoy - Lecturer in Physical Geography, University of Aberdeen
- Dr Tim Mighall - Senior Lecturer in Physical Geography, University of Aberdeen
- Dr Ed Schofield - Lecturer in Palaeoecology, University of Aberdeen