Acceptance of funding award

Please notify the R&I as soon as you know your study has been funded. R&I will arrange for the award to be accepted by the University and for the grant code to be set up.

Which agreements will be required for my study?

The type and number of agreements required will vary depending on study. For studies led by University investigators, or NHS Grampian investigators with honorary University status, the negotiation of study agreements will be led by R&I, with assistance from specialist legal advisers. The following are types of agreement that may be required in a clinical research study:

  • Funding Agreement
  • Collaboration Agreement
  • Third Party Supply Agreement/Sub-contracts e.g. Laboratory Services

In addition, for medicinal product/device trials and other types of interventional studies:

  • Co-sponsorship Agreement
  • Drug Supply Agreement
  • Technical Agreement
  • Site Agreement

For CTIMPs please refer to the current SOP for the Generation of Contracts for CTIMPs

Involvement of 3rd party service providers in studies involving medicinal products

The University of Aberdeen and NHSG Grampian have an agreed a procedure for the selection and management of third parties in trials involving medicinal products. R&I and the Quality Assurance Manager will arrange any necessary agreements with third party suppliers. Please contact R&I / QAM as soon as any third party suppliers have been identified.

Please refer to the current SOP for the the Selection and Management of Contracted Third Parties

Planning Research


Study Design Facilities Scientific Peer Review Secure Funding Prepare study documentation Sponsorship Protocol Contracts Registration on public database Finalise study documents Statutory Approvals Ethics Review